As a couple experiences the process of divorce, a lot of anxiety can be burdened on their children. No matter what is said or done throughout the divorce proceedings, one thing is absolutely clear: the children require the highest level of support and care available to them. A separation is a big deal to a child, and the end result of the divorce proceedings is critical in shaping the rest of that child’s life. Custody law is no laughing matter, and you need to hire an expert who can guide you safely through the process.
What Needs to Be Considered Regarding Child Custody?
There are many factors that can play into the final outcome of a child custody decision. Some of the factors that you need to think about include:
- The health and mental capacity of all parties involved
- The bond between the child and each parent
- The choice of the child; sometimes a judge may hold private meetings with your children to determine the best course of action
- The potential readjustment necessary regarding relocation
- The ability of each parent to give adequate care to their children
- Criminal records
- The background of a parent with a record of domestic abuse
- The potential to become separated from your children due to active military service
- The best option for the children
However, there are other factors to consider if you are seeking joint custody via a Joint Parenting Agreement. Joint custody is a whole different animal than a custody conflict, and there are a few more things to plan for. Some of the considerations and factors that can influence the outcome of the case include:
- The living situation of both parents
- The willingness of both parents to work together
How to Seek Help?
The attorneys of The Walters Law Group. Ltd. understand how difficult a separation is. Our knowledge of the ins and outs of family law and custody proceedings can be used to protect your family as you move forward. If you live in the greater Chicago area and need help with child custody law, don’t hesitate to seek our help. We have years of experience with family law and no else can give you a higher quality of service than us. We protect families around the clock, and we fight relentlessly on behalf of our clients because we understand the magnitude of the outcome of our clients’ cases. No two cases are the same, and take the time to understand your unique situation.
Your Next Step towards Legal Protection
If you know that you need legal counsel regarding child custody law but aren’t sure what to do next, please call The Walters Law Group. Ltd. Our attorneys are no stranger to family law or child custody cases.